Translate

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Aug 1 - First reader from Isreal - How about Skshuka Eggs?

http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2010/07/summer-2010-travel-blog-shakshuka/  At Tori's website, I found not only the recipe for shakshuka but also a restaurant that looks like I want to be there to try everything in it...Dr Shakshuka's in Israel. When you first look at the photos of the restaurant, you might think it's not a good place to eat but look closely at the floor and look how clean it is! I'd love to eat here and try their shakshuka. I think it's pretty close, if not identical, to another egg recipe from a different country that I posted not long ago. Just last week, I opened my container of cumin and wondered what I was going to use it in and now I know. Looked at the price of eggs today. You can buy eggs at the local grocery store for $3.69 or you can buy them at a local convenience store for $1.29. The convenience store is family and employee owned. I'm not worried about the eggs from them at all because they go through so many of them.

Isn't it kind of ironic that we hear about the killing of Cecil six weeks after it happened and yet today, within hours we hear of the killing of his brother. Wonder why it took so long to hear the story about Cecil. And why with all of the publicity, did someone poach his brother. At least now Zimbabwe has stopped all big game hunting. However, according to a news report, many people there make their living from legal big game hunts. They are limited by their resources for what they can do. Vicious cycle.

Today gave me the opportunity to make some more paper beads. It wasn't as fun as it was when I was at my brother and his wife's making them. Even though it is something one person does, it's nice to have conversation while making them.

Doesn't it look like a birthday cake?

Going to start putting new earrings away without wearing them. That way I can decide later what to do with them. Still going to give the majority away but I think I want to start wearing Donna's Diamoniques again.


These are fabric earrings made from some Oriental-looking fabric. Got my Silhoutte's sheets today but the glue on them doesn't hold fabric together. Too light weight so now I'll have to go to Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnn Fabrics to get the small sheets on sale. Need to find a place that I can order them and not pay an arm and a leg for them. Going to check out Dick Blick's to see if the product they sell might be less expensive than the other places - plus I can save 18% by ordering online. It's typically less expensive to order online than to drive 80 to 100 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.