Translate

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Aug 6 - European Visitors

"European Union laws require you (me) to give European Union visitors information about cookies used on your (my) blog. In many cases, these laws also require you (me) to obtain consent.

As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your(my) blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies.

You (me) are responsible for confirming this notice actually works for your blog, and that it displays. If you (me) employ other cookies, for example by adding third party features, this notice may not work for you (me). Learn more about this notice and your responsibilities." Quote from Blogger.com

Well, I don't use cookies, however, I'll warn you that some of the websites that I post could use cookies. Guess I'll add a disclaimer that cookies are not always good for health, that is of your computer. I looked on my blog but Blogger.com didn't put any such notice on my blog. The only thing I do is watch where viewers are reading my blog. It also tells me what kind of system is used and the browser. It doesn't tell me anything else. I do not know where you live, how old you are, what sex you are, what nationality you are, etc. It just says that I have 1 Portugal view, 3 US viewers, 1 Vietnam reader, 2 Russian readers, etc. Knowing where my readers are located helps me keep doing this blog; otherwise I'd be just talking to myself and I do enough of that already.

Since I'm in the United States, I wonder how European Union laws can affect me. I'm not under the European Union laws. If someone doesn't want to read my blog, they don't read it. Big brother is everywhere anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.