Translate

Monday, March 31, 2014

Earring 0036 - Butterflies


If you've been reading my blog, you probably know by know that I like quotes and sayings. These earrings present a good opportunity for butterfly quotes (http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/butterflies)

“She liked being reminded of butterflies. She remembered being six or seven and crying over the fates of the butterflies in her yard after learning that they lived for only a few days. Her mother had comforted her and told her not to be sad for the butterflies, that just because their lives were short didn't mean they were tragic. Watching them flying in the warm sun among the daisies in their garden, her mother had said to her, see, they have a beautiful life. Alice liked remembering that.”
Lisa Genova, Still Alice

“I think humans might be like butterflies; people die every day without many other people knowing about them, seeing their colors, hearing their stories... and when humans are broken, they're like broken butterfly wings; suddenly there are so many beauties that are seen in different ways, so many thoughts and visions and possibilities that form, which couldn't form when the person wasn't broken! So it is not a very sad thing to be broken, after all! It's during the times of being broken, that you have all the opportunities to become things unforgettable! Just like the broken butterfly wing that I found, which has given me so many thoughts, in so many ways, has shown me so many words, and imaginations! But butterflies need to know, that it doesn't matter at all if the whole world saw their colors or not! But what matters is that they flew, they glided, they hovered, they saw, they felt, and they knew! And they loved the ones whom they flew with! And that is an existence worthwhile!”
C. JoyBell C.

“Alongside the practical thought something else struggled and, like an escaped butterfly, took wing: the assurance of something wonderful awaiting her. Just around the corner......”
Norah Lofts

“This flesh in which we live is nothing more than a cocoon, and only when we step out of it do we truly begin to live.”
Nancy Stephan, The Truth About Butterflies: A Memoir

Mrs. Gerlach taught my English classes in high school. I loved English and couldn't take enough of her subjects. It was sitting in her classroom that I learned to love quotes. Maybe it had something to do with having to learn Shakespeare and understanding what was meant. I don't know but quotes have stuck with me. Maybe someday I'll say something that will be a quote but then again, it doesn't matter because if I look hard enough, the quote has probably already been said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.