Translate

Friday, October 3, 2014

Earring 0214 - "Gallimaufry"

Didn't realize the book I ordered was "Gallimaufry" so that means I can reserve more of Michael Quinion's books. Got the book from the library during my short lunch break and was able to start to read the intro. What's amazing is that I'm already captivated by the intro. Granted, there are words, even though it's English, that are different from England compared to the United States. What I like so far is the fact that he bolded the words that he gave the meanings to. It really grabs my attention because I do so much speed reading. This isn't going to be a book that I can whiz right through but I don't want to either.

Gallimaufry means "a hodgepodge of our vanishing vocabulary. What is funny about this is that in the intro, he talks about the word hodgepodge. Another nicety about the book is the index of featured words.

Enjoy your weekend.

Today's earrings