Translate

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Earring 0239 - Remote Start

Last night, I bought a car which was made in Germany. It's smaller than the car I traded in. The windshield is so much bigger on it than my other car. Since I've had my other car, I've been so fearful of hitting either a pedestrian or another car because of the blind spots. I'm so relieved with the newer vehicle because it's like I have an extra six inches of glass on both sides. Pretty sure it's an optical illusion but my vision looks like it's over a much broader area than before The speedometer goes up to 160 mph and I have to laugh at it. It's a fact that I've gone 100 mph one time in my life and it wasn't when I was a teen either! You can hear outside noise more on this car but the ride was so smooth. It was almost like I was flying even though my speed was low (it was kind of windy and rainy last night and add that to darkness and a different car). The car does not have a remote start; that's one of the things that I have grown to like. You wouldn't think that that would be a deal breaker but it might be especially if it's cold and the windows are frosted the next two mornings.

How trivial have I become? We have so many luxuries at our fingertips. I'm feeling ungrateful for all I have. Yes, everything has a price and I'm paying for everything I have. So many people don't even have food for supper and I'm concerned about a remote start. It makes me kind of sick. Truly, I don't want to be a materialistic person. My home is sparsely furnished. My meals are simple meals. I don't drink other than some sodas and an occasional coffee.

My brother and I had a long conversation the other day. We both agreed that I could easily move into a very small apartment and be content with it - as long as I had running water and a toilet. Well, I forgot that I really appreciated electricity and internet too, along with heat and air conditioning. All of a sudden the "wants" are increasing. Guess it's time to get rid of more stuff and become even more simpler.

Today's earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.