Translate

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Earring 0221 - Not my cup of tea

Not my cup of tea means it's not one's preference or choice (http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/not+cup+of+tea).

Well, yesterday, it wasn't my cup of coffee, not tea. I thought that not my cup of coffee was the right idiom to use and it wasn't my cup of tea/coffee in two different ways. First, I forgot to put the cup below the spout while using my single serve coffee maker. Wouldn't have been so bad but later I grabbed my cup and went to go get the coffee, never even dawning on me that my cup should have not been in my hand. The coffee was spilled all over the counter.

It became a choice not to recover the coffee and drink it so therefore it was "not my cup of tea." The second way was that it became the sinks cup of coffee, not mine. Oh silliness starts out the day. I'm writing this early in the morning so I don't forget later.

Had good news today. Sometimes going where you once were is good. That sounds like it will be happening to me. Will probably know midweek. The event will take me to another place where I was the happiest. There's a saying that you can't go back but I'm old to know now that is not true. I've gone back in several different ways and have only gotten happier.

Today's earrings


The following photo is one where you will have to find something. It's a photo especially for my sister. It may bring back childhood memories. If you can't find it, I'll tell you tomorrow.