Translate

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Earring 0216 Sometimes a squirrel is smarter than a person

My sister told me about her acorns she picked up in the last couple of weeks. As it turns out, sometimes squirrels are smarter than people. However, a squirrel's actions can be learned. The newly picked acorns were very pretty. My sister has always enjoyed a basket or bowl of acorns - to look at, not to eat. This time, she had something extra with her acorns. You know how Mexican jumping beans jump? There's worm in them. Well, luckily the acorns didn't jump but the little worm did come out of the acorns (more than once). Now my sister is going to have to look for acorns that don't have holes in them, which is a sign that they are worm-free (or one would hope so). Squirrels can tell the difference between them and they choose the acorn without the worms. Animals are pretty smart sometimes; now, if only they could learn that cars are not their friends.

This afternoon my sister and I took a drive out to the country to see the all colors. There were a tree here and there that had some color. My youngest brother said that in a couple of weeks, the leaves will be better. We ended coming back to town to take the majority of photos. After I upload my pictures to my computer, I'll probably put some of the photos on the blog.

Today's earrings, not on a purple kick but it seems that way...