Translate

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Earring 0225 - New Journey to Begin - Cat meets Dog

My sister and I will have a new experience soon. It's to introduce my cat and her dog to each other. They met before but years ago. I'm feeling a little sorry for my cat because she isn't very sociable the way it is. http://www.animalplanet.com/pets/10-tips-for-bringing-dogs-and-cats-together.htm has some good tips for my sister and I to follow. I especially like the idea of the animals getting familiar with each other's scent. I know my sister's dog likes "kitty treats" so the litter box is going to have to go somewhere where the dog won't find it. The site suggested a dark place but my sister's dog is blind so a dark place isn't the solution. I could try a covered litter box again but my cat didn't like that when I had one before. Maybe I will have to make a litter box for her using her current box and building something around it so the dog (Sparkie) can't help himself to treats.

I'm probably more nervous about the two animals getting along than the whole move thing. Well, I'm a lot more anxious about finding someone to move me than the animals getting along. Eventually, I'm sure the two will come to love each other like ...like what? Oh well, the place is big enough that Bobbi can find her safe haven. After all, Sparkie can't climb a cat tree.

Today's earrings