Translate

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Earring 0231 - Sludge and Movement

Well, those two do not go hand-in-hand. I know that I need to get packing in order for me to move. However, the word sludge comes to mind. It comes to mind in a couple of different ways. First, even though I would like to think I don't have a lot of "stuff" somehow I might just be lying to myself. After all, I have a small storage locker that has rocks in it; rocks that are meant for a good basis for a rock garden. These aren't small rocks but they're not boulders either but they are far from being pebbles. So maybe these rocks are part of my "sludge". These are the rocks that I've been carrying around for over 20 years now. I keep trying to give them away but no one takes them. I think about putting them somewhere out in nature but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe the spot to put them hasn't been special enough or maybe the right person hasn't come around that wants to make a nice rock garden.

The other "sludge" is the number of totes that I am going to have to pack by myself. Already, there are a number of totes packed that never get unpacked. These are the precious things to me left by my mother, grandmothers, great grandmother, son, grandsons, etc. At least I don't have to pack those things because they've been in the same totes for at about 20 years.

Yes, my last big move was 20 years ago. Even though I moved into my current place nine years ago, the big move was done previously. This move won't be a "big" move either but it does remind me that I need to get a schedule going so that the sludge doesn't take over my next place. Maybe it's also time to downsize my clothes again but with me losing weight, I'm not sure I want to get rid of those quite yet.

Tonight there isn't going to be any movement towards the sludge! Looks like I will have a full weekend ahead. Plus I have two more that I will be able to work towards my goal. Have to remember how time flies.

Today's earrings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.