Translate

Friday, October 10, 2014

Earring 0220 - Cat that thinks it's a dog

Sometimes I think my cat doesn't know that it's a cat and that she is really a dog. Tonight when I got home, as soon as I got our of my car, Bobbi jumped in the window on the 2nd floor and greeted me with a meow (many meows). As soon as I turn and start walking away, she heads for the door. There she howls (really loud meows) until I open the door. Then like a good dog, she sits there and peers outside until the door closes. Every time the fire trucks go by, she's on alert. Most of the time she runs to the bedroom just in case they pull into our parking lot. What was funny about Bobbi was the day of my migraine, she left me alone. Usually if I wasn't feeling well, she was on me like fly paper and I couldn't get her to leave me alone. I was grateful she left me alone that day, more than you will ever know.

Had supper with a good friend tonight. She has had some sadness in her life lately. The only thing you can do is be there and listen. I hope I listened well enough. Sometimes it's too easy to add one's owns experiences to the conversation. Just the right number is enough. She also had good news that helped offset the sad news. At times like that, the good news is even better.

Almost had as many readers from France than I had in the U.S. Still no emails from anyone. But if you're like me, I like to read blogs but not respond to them. So that's okay.

Tonight's earrings