Translate

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Earring 0224 - KISS or keep it simple stupid

One of the things I do is try to keep things simple. For instance, when I buy something for the house or to wear, something has to go out. It's been a rule of thumb (go figure, another idiom) for a number of years. Now that I'm looking at moving, all of a sudden it sure looks like I have a lot of "stuff."

Over the years, I've kept things for my son and his family with the intention that they would get these items. Well, it's not quite working out that way so I'll have to move the items with me. The good news is that my furniture is simple and not much of it. However, I still have to think about the rocks I have in the storage area. The rocks found a home but the person never came to pick them up. These rocks would make a beautiful rock garden addition or even a good start to one.

Now I wished I would have moved a couple of years ago when it was physically easier for me. Now I have to hire someone to come in and move everything. Independence only goes so far. The difficult part of all of this is finding someone to move me. No one wants to work anymore. My family can vouch for me on this: if I could, I would move all of my stuff by myself. Somewhere along the line, the smarts kicked in, or it was the pain of moving stuff too much, and I now know what I can and cannot do. Hope in 20+ years, I will be able to recognize that I'm not a good driver and quit on my own.

Today's earrings

Looks like I'm missing a nose, mouth, and hair on this hand puppet.