Translate

Friday, October 24, 2014

Earring 0234 - There's Winners and Whiners and Today, I'm a Winner

First off, last night I finished dusting and cleaning glass throughout the apartment. It must have been my fourth wind. Of course, then I couldn't sleep. About midnight Bobbi said it was time to go to bed even if I don't sleep. She's a good caretaker. No wonder why I pay rent for her!

Today things fell into place for me. Finished lining up the mover and made arrangements for a trailer (free is good). Then I talked to a young lady who is trying to earn some extra money for winter expenses. She will help me clean up the apartment after it's been emptied. Also, if I need her to help me pack, she's willing to do that. Everything has a price. That's what happens when you don't have kids close by. I'm sure my grandsons would gladly help me move (isn't that what ever teenager wants to do in their free time?). My one brother teasingly asked if my nephew was flying here to help me because he has helped move me the last two times and also helped my sister move once or twice. My nephews would help me but they are all too far away and it's not financially feasible for them nor is it worth driving many miles. I know they love me and know they wish they could help me. That's what really counts. Kind of like my siblings too. We know we love each other but we also now what we can and cannot do. More of a reason to have moved earlier because I would have done most of it myself. That's that stubborn Norwegian part of me that makes me like that. But then again, mom was a go-getter and did everything herself too. Pretty sure that's one of the reasons she died so young. I'm going to be like my aunt (her sister) who is in her mid 80s and establish some of my boundaries on what I can and cannot do.

Now that my apartment is all nice and decluttered, it looks really nice. Think that watching all those home selling shows years ago has paid off. Kind of know what a place needs to look like to promote the "sale." Even though it's a rental, the philosophy is the same.

All this being said, I would have rather been a whiner and lost at bingo than to spend the afternoon running around like I did. It will be nice to be "home" again in the new place (or old place since I've already lived there before).

Today's earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.