Translate

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Earring 0215 - Got my back!

My sister stood up for me yesterday (or the day before) verifying with someone else about something that happened to me that was unpleasant. I cannot tell you how much this meant to me. Our bond is very strong. We would never lie for the other because that's the way we were raised. When she was asked something, she confirmed what had took place. I'm so proud of her. Pretty sure didn't know that I was all choked up when she stood up for me when I wasn't present in the conversation. Yes, she will read this blog but she will never know how much it meant to me. There are things that family can do for each other that there's no words to express the feelings other than to say "I love you" and "thank you from the bottom of my heart."

Of course, I had to throw an idiom in there "from the bottom of my heart." It was accidental but how appropriate for it to be an idiom.  According to "The Dictionary of Idioms", page 226, "from the bottom of one's heart" is from "the Angelican Book of Common Prayer's Communion Service (1545) and also dated back to Virgil (in Latin). It means "most sincerely, unreservedly."

Today's earrings