Translate

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Jan 17 - Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

Sprechen Sie Deutsch? That is one of the first things I learned in my German class beck in the 70s. Our school was "old school" and didn't teach Spanish. I wanted to learn Spanish so bad but it wasn't taught until after I graduated. So I had three years of German in school. When I watch older German movies, it comes in handy. Another time it comes in handy is when not knowing what a word means. German is based on Latin and so much of English is based on Latin. It sure comes in handy that way.

These aren't earrings from Donna. They are the first and only earrings my first husband ever bought me. Even though our marriage didn't work, we have a wonderful son and I have a beautiful pair or earrings. They remind me of Saturn. They also remind me of the times spent at the Blues Fest in Duluth. I can still remember getting Canned Heat's autograph, memories, they are so precisions and even more so when you don't make new memories. Life is too short not to have new memories. Today, I mad memories that I hope I never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.