Translate

Monday, January 26, 2015

Jan 26 - Ngram Viewer from Google Books

Wow! What a fascinating site. This site will search all of the public books that have been scanned by Google. It's used mainly for researchers but you can use it just to play around and find information about books. http://google.about.com/od/n/a/Google-Books-Ngram-Viewer.htm Marzia Karch, who is a Google expert, used Ngram to find out about Laura Ingall Wilder's "vinegar pie" and found the years that vinegar pie were in written text. I read all of Laura's books but can't recall vinegar pie. It might have been because I never heard of it before. (It's a Southern term). I played around a little bit with Ngram's; however, the vinegar pie really stuck in my mind.

Then I found Jessica Webster's article from the Ann Arbor News, which gave more information about vinegar pie including what looks like a delicious photo of it and the recipe. I'm going to have to try this. Pretty sure I have cider vinegar somewhere or I'll have to pick some up. Will have to talk my sister into making the crust - she's an expert at making our aunt's easy crust recipe.

Today's earrings

Donna had a lot, and I mean a lot, of this type of earring. I'm sure it was her favorite and all sparkly like she was.

These were a medium size earring. There's not a lot of duplicates and about eight different sizes and many different settings. They put a smile on my face remembering Donna and how she always shined even when going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.