Translate

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Earring 0046 - Funny Story

 
Had fun today. Sister and I went shopping. We get along really well and even though we work together five days a week, we can still spend a Saturday together. It hailed five times when a storm passed through. Driving on the Interstate a little later, it hailed again. The sound was almost deafening in the car but it was brief so that helped. After I took my jacket off, Susie said to me "Those earrings match your shirt. Did you know that." We looked at each other and started to giggle. Of course they did, otherwise I would have worn a different pair. We laughed pretty hard because right after she said it, she got this look on her face that said "I can't believe that I even said that!" Being able to chose from so many earrings makes it easy to kind of match a blouse or shirt.
 
 
My shirt was pretty flowery, almost Hawaiian but not. It had shades of green that were leaves and stem-like pieces, along with purplish flowers. It's one of my favorite shirts because it reminds me of being on a vacation. Trust me, it is not a Hawaiian shirt but more of a muted, pastel tropical shirt; not the vivid Hawaiian-type. However, I pretty much love Hawaiian shirts - they make good pieces of material for my quilted wall-hangings that I create.
 
Susie was kind of silly today singing bird songs. Must have been because we only saw a few eagles. Did see quite a few kestrels, mostly females. I remember the first time I saw a kestrel. Thought it was someone's tame bird that flew out of its cage. Here's a picture of a kestrel.

Adult malehttp://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/american_kestrel/id

Making a pair of earrings that looked similar to kestrels would be pretty cool. I'd wear them and I bet you Donna would have too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.