Translate

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Earring 0062 - Hours in the Day

Almost done with school and think I may have more hours in my day in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it too. Already have started reading a lot. You'd think that I didn't have enough schoolwork and my regular workload. It's a good thing that I taught my cat how to dust. She dusts my desk, my couch, my window sills, and a lot of the floor. Oh that's right, she doesn't have a tail. Maybe that's why I need to dust more often! Sometimes it's good she doesn't have a tail. Only her paws get stepped on this way. Back to books, right now I'm reading one Kindle book, listening to two books via Overdrive, and reading one paperback. Just got a new book from the library that I reserved a couple of weeks ago so I have to hurry and finish my Kindle book. My preference is non-fiction but every once in a great while I throw a fictional book in there. Wisconsin Public Radio is reading an interesting book at 12:30 p.m. and I may have to put that on my wish list at the library.

There's so many resources available for free books now. On a regular basis, besides the public library (which has access to the rest of the libraries in MN), I use

https://www.bookbub.com/ebook-deals/recommended?page=12  - each day I get an email of recommended books. I don't get many from here but there are some interesting ones. I'm just getting the free ones. They link you to different sources so it's not just Amazon.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ - I've been using this one for years. It has some interesting old books on it, kind of like rare finds.

https://librivox.org - These are audio books and has been in existence for years. They're always looking for people to record for them. Thought I might do that sometime. At this site, I learned about the rest of the Wizard of Oz books. One thing they warn about at this site is the U.S. copyright laws.

http://www.storylineonline.net/ - This site has books for kids. I have to admit that I like to have a storybook read to me every once in a while. At one time, they had Polar Express on the site and that's when I feel in love again with children's books. Actors from SAG (Screen Actors Guild) read the books. The object is to reach as many children as possible worldwide.

Yesterday I heard a quote. I think it was from the book that I was listening to on WI Public Radio. "No man is an island; Every book is a world." After looking it up, the book is called "The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry" by Gabrielle Zevin. Guess it's time to get that book on my list!

Earring of the day

Can't you see spring in these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.