Translate

Friday, April 18, 2014

Earring 0051 - Blending In

Always thought it was good to blend in but today I learned that we need to stick up for what we believe and not deny our beliefs. If you blend in, you may not be standing up for your beliefs. So many years I have been in the background and watched the world go by. My sister-in-law has been pointing out things that have been happening in the Twin Cities. There are many homeless high school students. It is one of the projects that her and my brother's church has stepped up to the plate to help.

Watching all of my Korean shows, I realized how close I am to people of Asian descent (even though I am not Asian). My son and his wife met in South Korea and someday one of my grandsons wants to travel there. It is one of the couple of countries that I would like to visit. Looked at working in South Korea but unless you are connected to the US military, it probably won't happen. They don't need me to take a job away from someone who was born and raised there.My heart breaks for the families who lost loved ones on the ferry in South Korea. 

Both my sister and I are learning about the prison camps in North Korea. It boggles my mind that these camps have been in existence for 50 years. Three generations have to pay for the sins of those who violate North Korean law. The people in these camps (gulags) are treated like people in Nazi camps in Germany. They are starving, many only know about North Korea and how US wants to annihilate them (which is not the case); they are in forced slavery and most of the them have not committed any crimes (the pay for the sins of their relatives). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisons_in_North_Korea
http://www.hrnk.org/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/3326738/I-saw-an-entire-family-being-killed.-They-were-put-in-the-gas-chamber-where-they-all-suffocated.-The-last-to-die-was-the-youngest-son.html

I've blended in for so long that I didn't know about the prison camps in North Korea and just learned about the insurance fraud the North Korean government committed a few years ago. I don't want to blend in anymore; it's not what we are supposed to do. The above links are not pleasant to read and if you are like me, you will be surprised at the horror that is happening today.

Funny how my earrings were chosen today. I had on three different pairs before I decided just to have my earring be simple and blend in with what I was wearing. Little did I know that I was going to learn about blending in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.