Translate

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Earring 0184 - Norwegian or French

How do you go about getting someone to look at the blog who is from Norway or France? I'm half Norwegian but only know Norwegians from my home area. Know this is getting nitty-gritty but I'm 1/8 French and 1/8 Swiss with a little bit of Luxembourg with the balance being German. I'm pot luck in human form. Can you tell I know my roots? Would like to have a viewer or two from my heritage just to say that they looked at my blog.

Tonight's supper dilemma - the other day, my sister-in-law reminded me of a minestrone that uses spaghetti sauce. Mom used to make something similar to that but we called it hamburger soup. Sometimes it didn't have spaghetti sauce in it. It got me hungry for the soup so I bought a little bit of hamburger and browned it. Got the spaghetti sauce out of the fridge. Out of the freezer came chopped celery and what I thought could be beef base. Well, it tasted like beef base, it looked like beef base, just a little bit on the salty side, but it must be beef base. Got the hamburger and celery cooked and was going to throw in the sauce until I realized that it kind of looked funny and I didn't want to take any chances. Bummer. So back into the freezer went the "beef base"(????). Turned the hamburger into too peppery of a sloppy joe or something of that nature. Knew I should have frozen the sauce and knew that I should have labeled by containers. Might just thaw the questionable beef base out to see what it really is. Life is just an experiment...you gotta love it.

Here's today's earrings.