Translate

Monday, September 22, 2014

Earring 0203 - Girl with a Pearl Earring

Have to welcome my first visitor from the Netherlands. In their honor, how appropriate is the website of the museum that is home to the painting "Girl with a Pearl Earring" by Vermeer. You can find the painting and its information at http://www.holland.com/global/tourism/cities-in-holland/the-hague-1/museums-in-the-hague-1/mauritshuis-7/discover-the-girl-with-a-pearl-earring.htm.

Think all of my siblings would enjoy a train ride in the Netherlands and I would particularly enjoy visiting the Mauritshuis Museum. Bet my siblings would like it too! Pearls and trains - can't beat that combination! http://www.mauritshuis.nl/en/discover/tentoonstellingen/

My train ride Friday night was not in the Netherlands. Trains are different in the United States. The ride is pleasant and an experience. The food is delicious and usually you can meet interesting people. The problem with riding the trains in the United States is the number of freight trains. I realize our economy counts on the freight trains' timetables but passenger trains should be more like other countries' passenger trains and important. They are economic and I think possibly greener than everyone driving cars.

Today's earrings