Translate

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Earring 0204 - Hollandaise Sauce and Earrings????

Granted, the two have nothing in common unless you have been reading my blog. Besides looking at earrings in the countries of the readers, I try to make eggs based on recipes for that country. Well, I'm changing it up because my favorite egg breakfast is Eggs Benedict with extra Hollandaise sauce. Even though the French may take credit for Hollandaise, there is enough documentation showing that it was from the Netherlands.

At a restaurant I worked at in high school, my boss did an Easter special serving Eggs Benedict. I wasn't an egg eater at that time but did try it. At home, we had Hollandaise sauce but not made like Eggs Benedict. Mom could whip up any kind of sauce at a blink of the eye. However, I'm not the same. I can make Hollandaise but it becomes a boring task for me. My sister, on the other hand, makes excellent sauces. Bet you she could whip up (second pun of the day) some Hollandaise like the other sauces she patiently makes. Once I tried the packaged Hollandaise sauce. Because I like extra sauce, I made two packages. And I threw both concoctions out. It wasn't Hollandaise and for the life of me, I couldn't even tell you what it even came close to being called other than garbage.

so I have two choices: ask my sister (remember, she can't eat eggs) or go to Perkins. I think it would be too much torture for my sister to make me Eggs Benedict or even to make the sauce. Perkins makes it pretty darn good and I will take a photo of it before and while I'm eating it.

Today's earrings