Translate

Monday, September 29, 2014

Earring 0210 - Eggstra Special - Tea Eggs - Taiwan

Keep learning more and more with my blog. In Taiwan, 7-Eleven stores sold approximately 40 million tea eggs each year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_egg What's a tea egg? It's a hard boiled egg that is cracked and boiled again but with tea or seasonings. A friend of mine makes these. The eggs always look delicious. He usually makes his when he makes soups. Throws in the eggs to cook them up. Pretty sure he cracks them and tosses them back in. I think navy bean and ham soup with some of these eggs in there would be pretty good. Maybe I'll have to try it when I make my boiled dinner. My brother might be giving me some corned venison to make with my boiled dinner so that I can save my ham for split pea soup. Will definitely have photos of my eggs when I make them. The tea eggs look beautiful and I hope they taste as good.

Today's earrings