Translate

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Earrings 0191 - Oui Oui

The day could not get any better...my first reader from France! Am I happy? You betcha I am (in my best Norwegian brogue). So I looked up French eggs. Going to try baked eggs with cream and butter sometime. Have to buy the cream because it is not something that I have. I can guarantee that if you like eggs, you will probably drool over my photos after I post them (this is specifically for my sister who cannot eat eggs; she can only drool over them - lol).

Looking a little more on French eggs, I found the following site http://www.yelp.com/biz/eggs-et-co-paris?osq=eggs+benedict. Looks like this is one of the best places in Paris, France to eat eggs. From the reviews, it appears the majority of people liked the Norwegian eggs the best - go figure that one! The restaurant is called Eggs & Co. and the Norwegian eggs are called Le
Norégian. The eggs are one of my favorites but with a twist. I love Eggs Benedict any time of the day any day of the year and probably in any country. The twist is they are served with smoked salmon. The only reason I would try it is because I'm Norwegian. Heck, I still have to try lutefisk and a couple other Norwegian foods.
One of the reviewers is from the Midwest and didn't like the price of 25 euros, which is equivalent to $32.38 (https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=how+much+is+25+euros&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GUEA_enUS514US515&q=how+much+is+25+euros+in+us+dollars&gs_l=hp..0.0l5.0.0.1.824638...........0.Tx0mAFaxCBc), which also seems quite high to me. I would think that a price about $20 would be high enough for a dish like that. However, I do not know other restaurant prices in Paris.
When my sister and I were younger, we knew a few French words. My sister loved to go places where people didn't know us and she would speak in French pretending to be from France. I can still see and hear her doing this. Did you do this when we were in P-town too? I can't remember if she did, but knowing my sister, I bet you she did even though we were "much" older. Such a good laugh!
Today's earrings