Translate

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Earring 0199 - Oh, What Did I Do?

Guess I should have read my minutes and notes from the prior year before I committed to being a co-chair of a committee. Perusing was not a good idea this time. Oh well, I'll get through it and next year my life will be different because by then I should know my job.

This is probably one of those should have, could have, would have times. I love to say those words together. Sometimes I learn from them and sometimes I don't.

Very busy day at work today and have a meeting tonight so you know this is going to be short and sweet.

So now you must want to know where did the phrase short and sweet come from. Word for word, here it is: "The expression was made proverbial in 1539 when it appeared in Richard Taverners, 'Erasmus's Adagio'. Over the years it was occasionally amplified as in James Kellys Scottish Proverbs 1721.  'Better short and sweet than long and lax' " by pukebob https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080917174929AA1378K and the American Heritage Dictionary of Idioms. Definitely this is a book that I am going to have to get from the library!

Today's earrings