Translate

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Earring 0208 - Spiraling

What a day! It was beautiful. Left home about 7 a.m. and got back a little over 10 hours later. Went for a drive along the river valley. Great fall day. Later my sister and I met up and we took a little drive and did some craft shopping. Have one more afghan to crochet and am having problems deciding what pattern to use. It's for my oldest grandson. Already got one done for my other grandson and one for my son and his wife. Tried so many different patterns but couldn't get the design I wanted. There's always an easy answer to that, a new pattern book. Think this one will meet my needs because it uses several patterns, which I was trying to do. Couldn't get the length of the afghan right and will be taking apart what I've already done. This will probably be about the fourth or fifth time that I will be taking it apart. Hopefully this time will be the last.

Besides all the spring cleaning I did yesterday, I finished up with washing all of the curtains in my apartment. That was an easy job The tough job was putting the living room curtains up. The rods run the length of the window, about 15 feet. Almost got them up and then the center rod twisted. Well, after multiple attempts, it's twisted so I can't get them together. Had to move furniture around to get the curtains up. Normally, I do not give up but tonight I did. The rods are apart in the center but if I hadn't told you, you probably wouldn't have guessed that. Can't put my chime up because of the split. When I have more energy again, I will move the furniture away from the window and attempt to put the rod together. Kind of frustrated because it's not done and I still have to hang my bedroom curtains. Those will be much easier because the windows are only about 4-5 feet wide. Yes, the windows are big but that is one of the things that I like about my apartment. You get a feeling of openness even if it's not.

Today's earrings