Translate

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Earring 0245 - My Mom's Egg Recipe - German/Swiss/French/Luxembourg Style

These are probably one of the lowest calorie intake egg recipes there are; actually, this is not low calorie because of the fat content. Easy to make: Cut bacon into pieces, fry in cast iron skillet until crispy, distribute bacon pieces evenly in pan, do not drain fat, add eggs that have been scrambled (no milk or water or seasoning) over the bacon pieces carefully to keep the bacon evenly distributed. After the eggs have set a bit, lift the edges of the eggs so the liquid egg can go under the set part of the egg. Continue to do this. Eventually the eggs will be set. The bacon fat will turn the eggs into a beautiful brownish color, then flip the egg. After this side is slightly browned, cut into pieces. MMMMM it is good but not if you cannot tolerate fat.

Another recipe that we grew up with will be shared after I make it next time so that I have photos showing the finished product. It too is higher fat recipe but will keep you warm when it's really cold outside.

Spent last night, this morning, and part of this afternoon and evening packing. Pretty close to being done with what I can pack. Only have one large tote left and that will be for my kombucha glass containers and bottles. Glad that someone will be moving my totes for me and then later, my furniture. It's pretty overwhelming to pack everything yourself. Even though it's just me, between all of my books, cookbooks, cooking supplies, and crafts, it sure adds up.

My brother and his wife came down and went out for lunch. My brother helped me with some things that I couldn't reach. Really didn't want to get on the step stool with no one around either. We had a nice time together. Right after they left, my apartment was shown to someone - hopefully it will be rented soon.

Today's earrings are beautiful but weighed a lot and I wasn't able to keep them in all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.