Translate

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Earring 0248 - "Heavenly. It's like the French countryside exploded in my mouth with every bite."

Pretty sure this is a quote by Ina Garten ("Barefoot Contessa: French Made Easy") but the quote only shows up in the search and not on the website. The link is for herbed-baked eggs and contains garlic, thyme, rosemary, parsley, Parmesan, eggs, cream, butter. There's no photo. After I finish moving, this is definitely going to be baked in my new "home" and I will post a photo. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/herbed-baked-eggs-recipe2.html

This week, there have been more viewers from France than any other country, which is another first for me. Thank you. Maybe having 8% heritage from France helps - lol. With moving, my posts may be a little late but I will try my best to wear new earrings every day.

Yesterday, we had a fantastic training session provided by my employer. Learned a lot about myself and my coworkers. During the dreaded breakout sessions, we had to come up with two lists: one about what is "music to our ears" and the other what is "like nails on a chalkboard." Two of us in our group added something at the last minute: "You're just a secretary." It's not a phrase heard with the current employer, but it is a phrase heard in the past. You can substitute any word for secretary. How often I've heard "you're just a woman." You'd think with all of the changes in the United States, that you wouldn't hear stuff like this anymore. Maybe sometime in the future, "you're just a ...." will be a phrase of the past. Coworkers were shocked to hear this phrase but I think they've been working in the same environment for so long, they can't believe that it is still being said in this day and age.

Can you tell I work for a good place with a healthy environment and a super boss? I do and am grateful that I can end my working years in this environment. Very blessed. Now I wonder if I can find a lasting romance. Everything else is coming together so well; maybe this is next.

Yesterday's earrings

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.