Translate

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Earring 0250 - Hollandaise Sauce

Today, instead of having Eggs Benedict, I had an omelet containing tomatoes and spinach, topped with Hollandaise sauce. It featured feta cheese but I think I ate too much feta years ago and now shy away from it. This was ordered at a restaurant and my friend ordered the same thing except she had feta and I did not. First off, they only smeared the sauce on the omelet; probably not enough to even taste it. They gave us more sauce. Had a few bites of mine and it didn't taste like it had earlier in the fall. Mine contained the feta and my friend's did not. When you eat feta, you get this distinct taste in your mouth. It's one I like when that's what I'm expecting. Next time I'll just order the Eggs Benedict. The restaurant made amends for it, which was appreciated.

Here's the omelet

The Hollandaise was more yellow than the photo shows. It didn't taste "homemade" either. Maybe I'll have to "break" down and make some myself.

Today's earrings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.