Translate

Monday, December 15, 2014

Dec 15 - Taking Life to New Heights

From the time I can remember up until about ten years ago, I was afraid of heights. Thought I was going to fall so I didn't go on high places. That changed a little but ten years ago it changed drastically. We had a painting business and I needed to climb a ladder to the second story. Well, I prayed and decided that when it's my time, it's my time. Since then I love high places. I get a rush thinking about venturing out to these places. Wanted to bungee jump but didn't think my body could handle it. Now there's all these zip lines that you can take. Be still my heart.

You can probably tell that I like the Weather Channel's links. Here is my all-time favorite www.weather.com/sports-recreation/weather-ventures/news/vertigo-inducing-attractions-photos-20140917 It's "50 Amazing Vertigo-Inducing Attractions." All I want to do now is go out on a ledge somewhere!

Close to home is House on the Rock's Infinity Room in which you call walk out this area and look at the hills below you. There was a time I couldn't go out on it but not anymore. It's kind of spooky because when you walk out the room shakes.  Wikipedia has a good photo of it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_on_the_Rock#mediaviewer/File:House_on_the_Rock,_visible_from_Highway_23.jpg

Maybe in a year from now, I'll be more agile and have the ability to go to new heights. It's a great goal!

Today's pin (sorry about the shadow)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.