Translate

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Dec 5 Snowbirds

Read an article on Florida's snowbirds from Canada. One winter, I got brave and became a snowbird. That was the winter of 2005/2006. By the end of April, I was ready to come home because it was getting too hot and humid for me. Glad that I did it and I think going to Florida is something I would love to do when I retire (which gets closer and closer each year). It was fun the winter I was in Florida; however, the freeways were sometimes nightmarish with all of the senior drivers. Often you went from 70 to 0 in seconds and just as often as not, the stop was for some unknown reason - there weren't any cars alongside the road, no highway patrol. You'd stop and then go about a mile or two and then it was clear sailing again. Never figured it out especially since no traffic was getting off. 

Here's the link to the article which was very interesting and I learned a lot. Had a lot of fun with the Canadians that I met when I used to go out on a gambling ship. http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21598680-congress-protects-america-canadian-pensioners-chilly-welcome

Today's pin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.