Translate

Monday, December 22, 2014

Dec 22 - Back to Earrings but they're Christmas Earrings

These are full of glitter but you can barely see it in this photo. The earrings weren't the most fun to wear because they kept catching on everything and tried falling out because of that.
 
Tom BetGeorge probably has the best Christmas house show on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLphb8s0W88 . Wish I was one of the lucky ones who could visit it in person. This week, when I go to Minneapolis area, we're going to look at some lights. I'm really excited about it. My hometown has a few nice homes with one in particular. It's the first time that I can recall they put up decorations and they did great. Think they might have bought the house this year. Hopefully they won't overdue it next year. So often people keep adding to what they have that things get over-crowded and then you can't see what they have because of confusion. 
 
I love Christmas lights and have ever since I can remember. Once during the Christmas season, mom and dad would get us all ready for bed (in our pajamas) and we would head out to look at the lights - as a family. There was one house that was always special. Don't know if my sister remembers this but the person who owned it was an insurance agent who our parents had insurance with. We would stop there and get a candy cane. When we moved to a smaller town, we didn't come back to our hometown to specifically look at lights. To this day, I make a special effort to continue the family tradition of looking at lights even if sometimes it's only me.
 
Our family life was wonderful and so we had many special memories. Wish I would have kept track of special events/memories. Thought that I would never forget so I didn't write things down. Well, now I know better.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.