Translate

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Dec 21 - Shortest Day of the Year - Sunshine is coming back!

Packed a lot of different things into this day. Even though this is the shortest day of the year, I sure got a lot done. Tomorrow will be longer and when the sun decides to appear again, it will be for longer. Glad that we had the sun a few days ago. Found out later that day that both my sister and I did the same thing: we closed our eyes, put our faces to the sun, and basked for a few minutes soaking up the little sunlight we could. We are definitely sisters!

Had breakfast with my brother, went to church, rearranged my living room (three times), brought out my glider (exerciser) and used it for a few minutes (now it's in my living room and not on the cold, cold porch), took a nap (first time in a couple of months), went grocery shopping, sister and I went looking at Christmas lights around town, made supper, and ended the night with an hour long conversation with my sister-in-law. Great day, as usual.

Moved the one recliner and Sparky (sister's dog) likes to take naps on it. Here's a photo of Sparky and Bobbi.

Bobbi isn't too sure about Sparky yet but in time, I think they will be good friends or good housemates.

Today's pin:

This hot air balloon pin brought back a lot of memories of my older brother. He loved taking photos of hot air balloons. I'll have to scan some of his photos and post them. At one point, my ex and I were on a hot air balloon chase team. That was a lot of fun and we also got a lot of photos. Had more compliments on this pin than any of the others, even my youngest brother made a comment that he liked it. That surprised me because he usually doesn't say anything about clothes, hair, and other things. It is a nice pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.