Translate

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Dec 24 Christmas Eve

One of my brothers and I were talking about Christmas Eve and how Santa Claus would come. Another brother couldn't remember it but it happened. Even my sister remembers Santa's visits to our home. We had two front entrances into our home; one entrance was to the kitchen and the other was to the formal living room. When Santa would come, he always came to the formal living room. He'd bring our gifts. I think that last time I remember Santa coming was 1964. I would have been 10 and my sister was 6. We moved the following summer and Santa didn't follow us (by then we knew why too).  Christmas Eve 1964: it's the first time that I knew Santa wasn't real but I had a surprise coming...I was the only one near the living room when there was a knock at the door. Even back then, I knew I wasn't supposed to open the door. I called to other family but no one came and the knocking continued.

Because I have a hard time resisting temptation, I opened the door. There stood Santa Claus in living color! It wasn't the person who usually dressed up as Santa (Santa has helpers because he has to be everywhere on Christmas Eve). But this was really Santa, really it was. I truly believed it and even now somewhere in my heart I believe it was Santa. No one from my family came to the living room even though I was excited and probably loud. I don't know why my sister came because she was the one who still believed in Santa. The funny thing is now I know my whole family was watching my festivities. What a wonderful experience.

Afterwards, I told my family that Santa had been there and then I said it was our neighbor all dressed up. So my family had me call the neighbor and she was home and said she had never left the house. She never did fess up nor did anyone from my family...maybe it was Santa.

Here's a funny website that reminds us of one of my sister's cats: http://www.earthporm.com/27-dogs-cats-destroyed-christmas/ The cat at the top of the tree could have just as well been my sister's cat.

Today's earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.