Translate

Saturday, December 27, 2014

December 27 Happy birthday Donna

Today would have been Donna's birthday. She was thought of all day long. It would have been nice to sit around the table and laugh with her. We used to sit around a campfire years ago and always stayed up until we couldn't stay awake.

Did something I've never done before...went to a movie at 10 am. Well, I guess that's not true. When we were kids mom would give us each ten cents and send us on our way to watch the movies every Saturday morning we were home.

We had to walk downtown to which was about three miles away. If it was raining, wed all pile into the car and dad would drive us. In winter, the weather didn't stop us. Often there were snowball fights on the way down and back. The grocery store a block away always had a big snow mound and we played king of the mountain. Usually the older boys would be at the top throwing snowballs at us. We usually went as a neighborhood group both to and from.

The movies always started with a clip usually showing the news of the week and was almost always kind of scary. It was always about the military involved airplanes, bombing, etc. Like with Cuba, Korea, Russia. That was followed by cartoons with my favorite as Mighty Mouse and also The Roadrunner. Then came the movie like Roy Rogers, Zorro, Spanky and our Gang to name a few.

Today's movie brought back the memories of going to a movie. The movie was Unbroken. Fantastic and morning movie. One I'd like to see again But in the privacy of my home.

By the way, my cat is doing fine with my sister. Guess she's been spending most of her time in my bedroom. Think she'll be happy to see me tomorrow.

Here's to Donna and my earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.