Translate

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Dec 4 Snow Angel

Beautiful song by Over the Rhine is their "Snow Angel" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzLxkOrr9a4. I love snow angels. My nephew who is now in his mid 30s still makes snow angels in the snow when he comes home during the winter. When we were kids, we always made snow angels on the fresh snow and most of the time it was the first snowfall. One time when my son was about ten years old and we lived on the property where I worked. One of my coworkers called to everyone to come look out the window. There was my son making snow angels for me because he knew how much I liked them. I had a yard full of snow angels made by my angel. My last know angel I made was about six years ago. I made a snow angel in front of my apartment building.

Found out from Wikipedia, that on February 17, 2007, in Bismarck North Dakota, 8,962 snow angels were made on the grounds of the state capital. It was a record. What is really cook is that February 17 is my birthday. If we get fresh snow this coming year on my birthday, you might just find snow angels in front of our house. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_angel

My mom became a snow angel on this day many years ago. I miss her and not a day goes by that I don't think about her in some way. Maybe it's because I have her cookbooks in my living room or maybe it's because I talk about her all of the time or maybe like I've said before, I'm my mother's child. Mom, thank you for giving me the time you gave me. I know that both my sister and I miss her and wish that we had had more time with her. It wasn't long enough.

Today's angel

Donna sure has a lot of angel pins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.