Translate

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Mar 12 Fine line vs thin line - another idiom

My earrings brought my focus on fine line and thin line. The earrings have a thin line of silver around the edges or is it the earrings have a fine line of silver around the edges. Not that it really matters but love those idioms. Found a good explanation of the two at http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=61728. Think the best explanation is by b3hr057 when he/she describes fine line as "the gray area" and thin line is compared to "a misstep" (possibly like walking a tightrope. I like this person's explanation the best at the site. Makes sense to me.

My earrings with the thin or fine line around the edge (not as defined as above)

The blue behind my fingers seems to be pretty cool in my opinion. It's the blue from my television, or should I say very large monitor.

Glad tomorrow is Friday and even happier yet that I didn't have to wear a coat today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.