Translate

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Mar 16 - Day of Family - Nice Surprise

Had a very nice surprise. Replaced a doctor-cancelled appointment with a vacation day. First off, this is the first time in my life that a doctor cancelled an appointment - I've done it but not visa versa.  Because it was a beautiful day, I wanted to make the most of it and my boss let me take a vacation day.

Saw about 100 bald eagles with most of them being on the ice. The ice is now what is called black ice and won't be around much longer because of our warm weather. Right now our temps are above normal. Think that is to make up for our below normal November temps. Most of the eagles were mature eagles (have white heads and tails). There were only a couple of immature eagles (black or black and white mottled). When they are mottled, their colors can really vary and it's hard to believe that they will become the colors they mature into.

Spent the rest of the day with my family in the Twin Cities area. We had a nice lunch, played bingo, and visited. Then it was time to go home. What a great day to spend with my two brothers and one sister-in-law. You can't beat time spent with family.

Would you believe I forgot to put earrings in! Wouldn't have been so bad but my sister-in-law is Donna's daughter. Don't think she saw I didn't have earrings in. I was in such a rush to go to the doctor appointment, I completely forgot about my earrings. Really glad the appointment got cancelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.