Translate

Sunday, March 1, 2015

March 1 - In like a lamb, must be going out like a lion

Gorgeous day today full of sun and warmth. Think it got up to the 30s today or upper 20s. There's a saying about how March begins and how it ends. March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb; and visa versa. Well, this is supposed to be weather lore but I don't think so. But then again, the groundhog saw it's shadow so me should only have two more weeks of winter. Which one is lore to today. Found Wikipedia had the most interesting weather lore and probably so because they take the weather lore from around the world.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_lore

Watching a drama that has been kind of slow but good at building characters. I knew what was going to happen almost from the get go (from the beginning). Wonder where the idiom get go came from. Might have to send that into "World Wide Words" and let him investigate because I couldn't find anything. Back to the drama. It has an interesting animal in it that I've never seen before. It's called a sugar glider (hmmmm possibly related to a flying squirrel but know they are related to possums). Cute little animal and you can order them on the Internet so hopefully it's not a protected species somewhere. It looks as though they are breeding the sugar glider and then "adopting" them out. Wonder if Bobbi and Sparky would like a new pet. http://www.sugargliderinfo.org/ I know if anything were to happen to Bobbi, I would definitely consider a sugar glider. Wouldn't buy a $2500 sugar glider but a much more common one that cost about $200.

Tonight I also learned about cupping therapy. Considering I worked for a holistic chiropractor at one point in my life, I thought I knew most the therapies available. This therapy dates back to 1500BC. Think this is something that I would try and also think it is probably a lot more successful than what the web site says. http://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/cupping-therapy It would be interesting to try it with migraines.

Today's earrings
Must be on a feather kick since I want to go eagle watching.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.