Translate

Friday, May 15, 2015

May 15 - Happy 5 15 15 and tribute to Bufffalo Wings

It's a numbers' day today with 5/15/15. Love numbers like this. My sister and I probably should have gone out to eat to celebrate the day but it was too busy. Guess I'll have to check my odometer soon and give the two of us a good excuse to eat.

Tonight I'm making a recipe a girlfriend gave me for Buffalo dip. It smells so good in here! All it is is canned chicken (20 oz), package of cream cheese, then 1/2 cup of each: shredded moz, hot sauce, and either Ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. I haven't had it hot yet but it's delicious cold. My friend has only made it with Ranch dressing but as a lover of bleu cheese, I had to make both recipes. Pretty surprised how inexpensive it was to make. Went to Aldi's and the prices are so affordable. This is the third time that I've used the Brookdale brand of canned chicken. It's great. I've been using the cream cheese from Aldi's and it's less than a dollar a package.  The only thing they didn't have was bleu cheese dressing. I've never made homemade bleu cheese dressing but am thinking that it would be really good - it's always good at restaurants that make their own from scratch. The chips came from Aldi's too. I cut down on the chicken and only used 1 1/2 per recipe. Found out later my friend only uses one can.

So my brother-in-law, with his inquiring mind, wanted to know where Buffalo wings came from. Did I ever find a great new website. Can't wait to explore it more. They have a great article on "Why Buffalo Wings Are Called Buffalo Wings." Thank you Buffalo, NY!!!  http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/10/buffalo-wings-called/

The earrings I wore today were a gift from one of my sisters-in-law. I don't think she knows how often I wear these. As you can see, Sparky had to get in the limelight tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.