Translate

Monday, May 4, 2015

May 3 - A little bit of my Dad showed up today

Today, I assembled a gas grill. It had 53 bolts in it and many other parts. Next time, I'll pay $25 to have it put together. My biggest fear was that it was going to leak but it didn't. The first thing I did (yes, my OCD kicked in right away) was to sort the pieces and of course, by number. It was kind of fun to put together. The instructions were pretty thorough and diagrams really help. With my dad watching over my shoulder and hearing my mom in the background saying "keep Julia busy", that's just what happened. Before I knew it the grill was in one piece. Had one extra washer and still haven't figured out where that was supposed to go since I accounted for all of them. Guess that's better than having one too many bolts.

Invited the neighbor over and the four of us had hot dogs on the grill. Hot dogs aren't my favorite to grill so my brother-in-law and I came up with a solution. He is going to make the hot dogs and I'm going to make chicken and steak. I can smell the chicken cooking on the grill already.

After everything was done, the grill cooled, I put it away. Not sure if you remember, but I used to live in this house years ago. After the owner moved the recycling bin, the grill went in the same spot I used to keep it in years ago. Some things never change.

By the way, it was only in my head that my mom and dad were around. However, I still think they both guided me yesterday.

No earrings today because I was too busy with the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.