Translate

Saturday, May 9, 2015

May 8 - Friday night and ready for the weekend

Seemed like a fast but long week this week. It's so nice that the daylight is longer now. Even though we've had a lot of cloudy days, it's still light out and you know the plants are growing. The grass is so green now and in the fields, crops are starting to pop out. Typically, we would have April showers that bring May flowers. This year, it looks like May showers bring May flowers. The rain has been sorely needed and I'm sure the farmers are pretty happy. The weeds like the weather too!

Somehow last night I was so tired that I forgot to do the blog. That seems to be happening a lot on Fridays. Maybe my past six years is catching up to me. During that time, I went to school full time and worked two part time jobs, then went to school part time and worked a full time job and a part time job. For a little over now, I've only been working a full time job. Last summer was so busy with the federal jury duty and changing of jobs, then in the fall, add the move. This summer I would like to spend more time outdoors working on my quilt. I would also like to spend more time with my family in Minneapolis, even if it's just sitting together working on our art projects or visiting. I'm working on a special project at work that will take me through June so I hoping July and August has lots of free time.

I can hear mom saying "Remember, the older you get, the faster time goes by." Think I've been hearing that every week. In fact, I think I even heard her call my name the other day.

Today's earrings I bought at an estate sale. They were clip-on earrings that I made into pierced earrings. Their old but very stylish. I always feel special when I'm wearing them. When I do wear them, I think a little bit about the person who used to own them (did not know that person) but think they liked to dress up a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.