Translate

Sunday, May 17, 2015

May 17 - Lots of Photos and My Own Earrings and the Paris Bread Festival

Some of these photos were from last weekend with the road trip with my sister, some are with my brother, and some are when I was by myself. Love taking pictures of nature. Some of these may end up in a one of my wall hangings someday. One of the photos is a kingfisher. It's been really hard for both my sister and I to capture one. This one was quite a ways a way. The only reason I even got it was because he (she) was busy watching something in the water. In a flash, the kingfisher dove from the high tree at an angle into the water, down in to the water the bird went, and came up with something. It happened so fast that it was almost over before it even started.

Tried to look up how "almost over before it even started" made its beginning but I couldn't find it. But I did find a couple of other sites of interest. One was "179 Never Seen Photos..." I made it part of the way and am going to have to go back to it. Pretty interesting. The first few photos aren't ones I would have started with because I wouldn't have.

Because of photo #23, I had to look up Notre Dame d’Amiens. What a feat the architectural structure is. The workmanship is unbelievable. From there I ended up reading out the May 7- 17 Paris Bread  Festival http://www.frenchmoments.eu/fete-du-pain-2015-in-paris/. I love bread and what a great idea this is. We only have chili, soup, an barbeque contests around here. My family would have enjoyed this because we're all big bread eaters (or most of us).

My earrings were made locally. Following the earrings are photos of Dutchmen's Britches (flowers), flowering trees, etc.



These little gold "balls" seem to be this bush/tree's fruit or nuts. Never had seen anything like this before. The gold caught my attention out of the corner of my eye, otherwise we would have missed this. Drove by it a few times before without ever seeing it.





The hillside was covered with Dutchmen's Britches





One stormy night last week. The water on the branches almost made the trees look like they were iced over.



Cranberry bogs



An open invitation to relax.




 
They were mating, it was windy and hard to focus.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.