Translate

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Earring 0107 - Spirals

These are today's earrings, spirals. They kind of remind me of the pattern on the blue pair of earrings from the other day. When I see spirals, I think of spiral constellations. The Hubble Space Telescope has awesome pictures. Usually I keep the word awesome for when I am speaking of God but He made the marvelous constellations that I like so much.

This site has a photo of beach with a spiral constellation in the sky. It's kind of neat because when you think of everything beyond our atmosphere, you have all of these constellations etc. even though you can't see them with the naked eye, they are there. http://www.maciejtoporowicz.com/Cosmos/NGC1672.html

Another site that I like is Google images because you can see a bunch of spiral constellations and if one catches your eye, you can click on it and go to a link to read about the it. For instance, another eye catcher if the Sombrero spiral constellation. https://www.google.com/search?q=constellation+spirals&rlz=1T4GUEA_enUS514US515&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=fzGeU4ySI9GxyASshYDwCA&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1148&bih=635&dpr=0.95#imgdii=_

What is even neater yet is when an everyday person takes a photo of a constellation such as John Chumack and his photos. Check out his Whirlpool Spiral Galaxy photos; the galaxy is 23 million light years away but he has a photo of it. http://www.galacticimages.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=52

We spent a lot of times as kids looking up at the stars. To this day, I continue to look to the stars. One can only imagine what is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.