Translate

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Earring 0112 - Long Day Short Night

Yesterday was a long day with the addition of interviewing people to replace me at my job. Officially, I was done on Thursday but am even going to work today (Saturday). But before I head off to work, I wanted to post the earrings that I wore yesterday. Taking ownership of a job is something that we learned as children. Everyone in our family has that work ethic. You do what it takes to get the job done. Trying to find someone else with that same work ethic to replace me is hard but not impossible. What I'm surprised at is the low computer skill level of people applying for clerical positions. There's so much funneling of jobs that they don't have to learn a lot of computer programs. Yes, people can learn but when you start a job isn't the best time to learn a common computer program such as Word or Excel. Part of my problem finding a replacement is that I want what I've established to continue to progress. Worked too hard to let someone else develop slack, which I know won't happen. It's one of those things where you try to place your personal desires onto someone else and that isn't the person's mode. Kind of like making your spouse change to fit how you want them to be...it just doesn't work. You have to make the changes yourself and accept the other for who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.