Translate

Monday, June 30, 2014

Earring 0121 - Starry Night


These earrings remind me of a starry night. One of the things I like to do is to look at the stars. Recently, I downloaded an app to my phone called "Mobile Observatory". As much star gazing as I have done, I never learned astronomy. When I was really young, I wanted to be an astronaut but then after watching so many sci fi movies, I decided against it. Maybe when I retire, I will take an astronomy class from our local college.  The app is great and maybe if the sky clears up on a weekend, I will use the app and be outside during the middle of the night.

One of the reasons I got the app was because I love to watch meteor showers. Our meteor showers around here have not been good for a couple of years. On the good nights, either the weather didn't cooperate or the skies were too cloudy. One time last year, on the way home from a not-so-successful time of watching the skies, my nephew spotted a meteor as we were walking into my place. It was pretty spectacular because the sky was so cloudy that you couldn't see the stars and yet the meteor was very bright. I missed it because I wasn't paying any attention. He got pretty excited because it was close and that doesn't happen all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.