Translate

Monday, June 16, 2014

Earring 0108 Bronze Look-a-Like

It's hard to tell but these earrings have a bronze-effect to them. They went well with my blouse which had black, tan, and a gold-like color in them. When I picked them out this morning, it reminded my of ancient times. So exploring became a good option for me tonight.

Ran across this site http://miku.org.ua/en/museum_of_historical_treasures_of_ukraine.html. Some of the links take you to pages that display the beautiful treasures that were created in Ukraine. There are a pair of earrings at one of the links that were excavated from a site that would be a favorite pair of earrings if they were mine. The earrings dated back to 5 - 4 BC. Stunning earrings. This site reminded me of a museum that I've been to before and here is the link http://www.castlerockmuseum.com/main/. However, the museum does not have any jewelry.

The Castlerock Museum contains much of the personal collection of Gary Schlosstein who I would consider an arms/armor junkie. He ties everything into history so even if you don't like arms/armor, the historical aspect is fascinating. I have to admit that I set off their alarm a couple of times when I was taking photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.