Here are some of my favorite shows on Wisconsin Public Radio
- Chapter a Day (that's a good source to "test" a book to see if you want to get it from your library or buy it online like my one cent book). This link has some chapters of the current book they are reading that you can listen to. http://www.wpr.org/programs/chapter-day
- A Prairie Home Companion. Garrison Keillor can entertain me any time and any where. To me, he is a great historical figure that represents a true American (or somebody who is very similar to the people in our five-state area). http://www.wpr.org/programs/prairie-home-companion
- Car Talk. Okay, so my true colors come out. I like cars and am curious about car repairs. At one point in my life, I knew how to rebuild a carburetor and could assist with putting in new brakes. The two hosts are not only informative but they add so much humor to the show that you don't know if you're listening to a comedy or a car repair show. http://www.wpr.org/programs/car-talk
- The Larry Meiller Show. There is almost nothing that Larry has not done, or that the way it seems. He has a variety of guests on his talk show. Even though I don't have a garden, I like listening to his garden show talks. His show is on at noon Monday - Friday so I'm able to listen to him during my lunch time. http://www.wpr.org/programs/larry-meiller-show
- A Way with Words. I love to find out the origins of words or phrases. Often I use them at some point either in conversations or even on my blog. When the hosts get stumped, people call in or email to help them out. http://www.waywordradio.org/
- Not but not least, Whad'y Know by Michael Feldman. What I do know is that I know so little. However, even though there are so many smart people out there, humor is really a good thing to have in your life. Michael always adds humor to his shows. http://www.notmuch.com/
If you are wondering, no, I do not work for Wisconsin Public Radio, I just like most of the shows they have on during the daytime. Not a fan of shows later in the day time nor at night. Guess I want to protect my values and beliefs as much as I can. They're pretty liberal at the end of the day.