Translate

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Feb 19 - "te iubesc" Romanian sound wave earings (corrected date on 2/20)

These are so cool. Went from Romanian history to Romanian earrings and got to this site http://www.shapeways.com/product/E3EG29M98/romanian-quot-te-iubesc-quot-sound-wave-earrings?li=more-from-shop&optionId=40669981. As much as I would like to say I know how these were made, I really don't have a clue how it's done. More for me to learn. From these I went to photos capturing "dancing" paint using a balloon, paint, a speaker, and of course sound. Just as the "te iubesc" earrings were made with sound, these photos also used sound. Pretty cool pictures and to see them, type in "splash photography" in Google and the beautiful stop action photos come alive (no they don't move but are frozen in time).

Back to the earrings, I would have liked to seen them strung on clear wire so you can see the image the sound made. I want a 3-D printer just to play around with. It will be affordable before you know it.

Today's earrings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.