Translate

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Feb 27 Flying, flying time, flying squirrels.

On my 40th birthday and again on my 50th birthday, I had the opportunity to fly a puddle jumper (with an instructor). It was great. Those two times were the first times I had been on an airplane. That is, other than our local park which had an airplane in it that we used to climb on all of the time when our parents weren't around. As much as I enjoy train rides, I love flying and especially the takeoff. Such a mass of weight lifting off the ground like that makes my imagination run at what else is out there that we are going to learn to do.

Flying time is this past year. A year ago Feb 19 is when I started the blog in memory of Donna. Even though it looked like there were a 1,000 pair of earrings, there weren't that many (kind of like the fish that got away). Sill I have quite a few to wear and a number of pins add to the blog. After that, I'm going to continue the blog with my own earrings. Lately, I've been looking at earrings and slapping my fingers so that I don't buy them. Side note: when I was really young and touched something I wasn't supposed to touch (highly breakable items), my mom would slap my hand. She said that I would touch the item again and then slap my own hand. Then I didn't touch it again. Think my hands should have been slapped more.

Probably have told you before about the flying squirrels on my cousin's farm. It was so cool to see them fly, even though they really didn't fly. It's been years since I've seen a flying squirrel, probably over 50 years ago. Wonder if they still exist in Minnesota. One of the things I did see a lot of as a kid was pileated woodpeckers. Every once in a while, you can see one in my hometown but it's a very rare occasion. http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/pileated_woodpecker/id

This brings me to today's earrings, angels. Well, they fly too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.