Translate

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Feb 25 - Minnesota and Art Shanties

Always looking for something new, tonight I discovered art shanties. One of my pastimes is going for rides during winter looking for bald eagles. Because most of the eagles are located near the water at this time of the year, I've seen a lot of ice shanties. In case you don't know, an ice shanty is a structure that you put on the ice so the fisherman is sheltered from the weather. Since I was a child, I've seen a lot of different kinds of ice shanties. I've seen 35' campers and even motor homes out on the ice. Personally, I have never been on the ice in a shanty; however, one year I was on a bus (yes, the big yellow kind) and we were out on the ice. Typically, you wait for the ice to be thick enough to put a shanty out. Sometimes fisherman don't wait long enough and sometimes they wait too long to take them off the ice. One year, I planned a vacation for my husband (now ex) and I to spend four days on the ice in a luxurious cabin on the ice - it didn't happen but almost. Shanties can be decked out. Some of them have windows, some have heat in them, some have bathrooms, and the list goes on. Maybe someday I'll rent a nice ice shanty.

This brings me back to the topic of art shanties. In the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, a group of artists have gotten together and created their own form of art...art shanties. These are creative spaces that they use however they want to. Think it was to create a space to do art in in a public area. Google image has some great photos of art shanties. Some of these are from Minnesota - didn't check them all out. https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=Art+Shanty+photos&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GUEA_enUS514US515&q=Art+Shanty+photos&gs_l=hp....0.0.1.207657...........0.mv-l-LUqLfY

Am very curious about something. There were 24 Canadian viewers in the last 24 hours. Must have been because of the Russian bobtail cat title in the blog. My sister has renamed Bobbie "Boxie" because she boxes Sparky and her when they walk by Bobbi. My sister does not agree that Bobbi is very friendly but if you ask my brother and his wife, they would tell you differently (along with many other people who have visited). Oh well, Bobbie or Boxie, Bobbi still answers when I call her.

Today's earrings look similar to a pair I wore when I first started the blog. Those earrings kind of looked like a parrot. Even though these earrings are similar to those, these do not look like a parrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.